observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Friday, March 28, 2008

Forget-me-not....please!! and...Baked Pancake Pie

"Forget-me-nots, and violets, heavenly
blue, Spring, glittering with the cheerful drops like dew"

The sun is shining, the crocus are blooming and I've been looking through old country magazines....the Spring cleaning bug has hit. I can tell when it starts because I head to Lowes and pick out paint chips. Spring cleaning really means Spring re-decorating in my mind. But I think it keeps Dino's blood pressure down by calling it "cleaning". This year the kitchen will be dove gray by the way....

I hope you all had a lovely Easter. We had a cold sunny day here in Pennsylvania. Everyone was cheerful to see sunshine and no snow! I finished Lydia and Alice's bunnys early that morning,
talk about cutting it close!! (a Soft-in-the-Head design) We had dinner at my mom's with two tables because of space and my grandfathers wheelchair. I felt like I was on a date because the grandkids ate at the grandparent's table while my sister and her hubby and Dino and I ate in the kitchen...next year I hope for candlelite! Afterwards we always head to my brother-in-laws home for dessert. There are usually about fifteen of us with at least that many desserts! Nothing like sitting around the table chatting and gorging! That makes for a good holiday.

Speaking of gorging...below is a great recipe for a baked pancake. I make it almost every holiday for breakfast because it is so easy and reheats well if you want to make it ahead of time AND Lydia loves it!

BAKED PANCAKE PIE
3 Eggs beaten
3/4 C Milk
3/4 C Flour
1 TBSP Baking Powder
1 Large Granny Smith Apple peeled & sliced
1/3 C Fresh Blueberries
2 TBSP Butter
2 TBSP Brown Sugar

Place a 9" round pie pan in oven and preheat to 375 degrees. While preheating combined eggs, flour, milk and baking powder. Blend well. Remove pie pan and melt butter in it. Spray sides with a little non-stick spray also. Spread apples in bottom of pan. Pour egg mixture over apples. Add blueberries on top and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake 20 - 25 minutes until knife comes out clean. Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.

Have a happy pleasant day!!!


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts