observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Friday, October 31, 2008

On Spooky Halloween...



Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate; The first one said, "Oh my it's getting late." The second one said,"There are witches in the air." The third one said, "But I don't care. The fourth one said, "I'm ready for some fun!" The fifth one said, "Let's run and run and run."
"Wooooooo" went the wind,
And out went the lights.
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.



I'll bet you thought about clapping your hands together when you read the "And out with the lights" part. Okay maybe its just me. Every time I hear that poem I think of my baby when she was 3 in her first year at preschool. Her and her friends all dressed up and acting this out. She was so little, always wanting to be a princess for Halloween (just like every other girl). Then something happens I think it's called growing up, I hate when they do that. They want to "choose" there own costume and do their on hair. Even bribery doesn't work "I'll buy you sparkly earrings to go with that". Nope not anymore.



Have a Safe and Happy Halloween Everyone.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts