observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Monday, September 22, 2008

"Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow"
~ Anonymous

That is so true. We had to clear the rest of our big maple tree this past weekend. Half of it was blown down from the recent high winds caused by the remnants of Hurricane Ike. We are so lucky because the tree landed just at the corner of our home pulling down all the electrical wires but not really damaging the house too much.

When I say "we" cleared the tree...that really doesn't mean me. Dino and his brother Gino (just a couple of Italian guys) cut, raked and cleared everything while I tried to distract myself inside cleaning...what a wimp I am. I was so sad about that tree and the way it changed my garden....so much sun!

But today as I wandered around and truly look at the tree and its hollow trunk I think how blessed I am that it didn't fall on anybody.

Plus I have a new garden to plan this spring.

And maybe a new table......


Be happy!

2 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Your garden is always inspiring!!
I love to visit..Deena

Doreen Frost said...

Thank goodness there was not any damage to your home.

That definately would make a very nice table.

Take care,
Doreen

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts