observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Baby Bunny and Simple Recipe ~ Banana Muffin Mini's

Hannah, my cat brought me a present the night of my update. Here's a photo of the baby bunny right before I chased her around the house and into my sewing room...of all places ~ so many nooks and crannies in there. I tried opening the screen door which she is practically leaning on but it squeeks and that scared her to run the other way. What fun. She is just fine now and back in the woods where I hope she will stay.

I make these at least once a week. For those of you who don't know me I have a confession....I need to have dessert with my breakfast every morning. Forget dinner, I crave the sweets in the morning. If I don't have something sweet I make something because I HAVE to have dessert with my breakfast every morning.


These little gems are delightful. They are fast to make....I can make the batter in the time it takes the oven to heat up. I usually freeze them right after they have cooled from the oven so they taste fresh everyday.

Very Ripe Banana Muffin Mini's

1 Cup Mashed Banana ~~ 3 bananas = 1 cup
1/4 Cup + 2 TBSP Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cups Chopped Walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line mini muffin tins with muffin papers or grease tin.

In bowl combine bananas, oil, sugar and salt; blend well. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.

In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and walnuts. Add to banana mixture; stir just until moist. Do not overmix. Sometimes I just combined the dry ingredients in same bowl but on top of the banana mixture and mix with a fork not yet incorporating it in until it's been mixed a little...I know it's wrong but I'm lazy and it works.

Spoon batter into preparted muffin tins until 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven for 10-11 minutes.

Makes 3 - 4 dozen mini-muffins.

2 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

The bunny it sooooo cute!....I'm surprised she let you take her picture!....and the muffins sound super yummy!....I'd love to have one right now with my coffee!! Janet

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn! I love sweets for breakfast too!!! (:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts