observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Monday, March 12, 2012

Lemon Cookies for Spring


It's raining today and feels like a baking day.  I've been saving this recipe to try.  Me and my girl LOVE anything with lemon in it so when I saw this recipe from  Post Road Vintage I knew I had to make it.  The only thing I would do different next time is make them smaller.  Other than that, they are delightful!  Perfect with a cup of tea.

Happy Monday and happy week!

Jenn xo
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Lemon Sugar Cookies
4 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder

1 1/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Butter
2 Eggs
3/4 cup milk (I used skim)
2 tsp Lemon Extract
Sugar for decorating


In medium bowl combine, flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.  Set aside.

In large bowl, cream the sugar and butter together.  Add eggs one at a time, mixing well.  Add milk and lemon extract.

Add dry ingredients, about a third at a time, to butter/sugar mixture.  Stir until combined.

Chill for 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Roll out 1/4 inch thick.  Cut out, and sprinkle with sanding sugars.  (I only had red and green so I used these little nonpareils instead...next time a pretty lemon-yellow sugar for sure!)

Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly brown.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

Me Too .... Me Too ... Love Everything Lemon. :-)
These Look Delish and oh so Big & Yummy.
Will give them a try ... Thanks for sharing.
Yesterday & Today have been Beautiful Sunny Warm Days, really does feel like Spring.
Hope it goes your way.
Love & Hugs ~ Connie xox

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Lemon cookies, YUMMY!
Spring Blessings,
Tricia

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jenn,

I love lemon and the look of your cookies.
Thanks for sharing the recipe and I look forward to making these.

Have a happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts