observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A favorite lately....Pannukakku


I discovered this recipe back in January when it was circulating around on pinterest and found that it linked back to Post Road Vintage, a second surprise....a lovely blog with beautiful pictures.  (I'm now a follower.)


I have found this recipe very fast to mix up with basic ingredients...and its delightful!  It is wonderful when it first comes out of the oven, but later when chilled reminds me of my mom's egg custard pie without the crust ~ so good.



Pannukakku

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. While oven preheats, melt 1/4 c. butter in your iron skillet or pan in oven.

Ingredients:
5 eggs, beaten
3/4 c. sugar (I use brown sugar and Post Road Vintage uses 1/2 c. honey as a substitute)
1 c. flour
1 tsp salt
2 c. milk

Whip everything in a bowl till mixed.  (I used my electric mixer.)
Pour on top of melted butter in pan.  Sprinkle cinnamon on top, and carefully slide back into oven.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until center is puffy.  It gets really big.  Mine usually bakes for the entire 35 minutes.

It will only stay puffy for a few minutes then goes flat like baked custard.

I enjoy this with my favorite blackberry preserves and a pot of tea.

Have a great week and thanks always for stopping by!

Hugs,

Jenn xo

p.s Don't you just love my tea cozy above?  My friend Jessica knitted this for me as a surprise.  I cherish it.

5 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Oh my goodness Jenn, this sounds scrumptious!! I adore egg custard and it sounds a bit like a Dutch Baby too.....so yummy!! I am going to have to try this for sure!!
Thanks for sharing this and your tea cozy is so sweet too!! I would so love to stop by and share this tasty treat and a pot of tea with you!!
Enjoy your day!!
Warm Blessings and Hugs~~
Julie

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jenn,

I too would love to join you for tea and the pannukakku - looks delicious and I love your sweet tea cozy.

Hope that you are enjoying the week
Hugs
Carolyn

Beehive Needleworks said...

YUM, YUM, Yummy! Such a lovely way to spend a snowy/sleety/rainy afternoon (yes, that is indeed the weather here)...a cup of hot tea, and a luscious slice! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Oh, I do fancy the tea cozy! Such a treasure surely...a bit of friendship in every knit & purl!
Hugs from my beehive...
Judy x

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Yummy! I printed that out and will be making that for sure!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Jenn,
I just had to come back and comment again!! I actually made the Pannukakku and my daughter and husband actually came downstairs because they smelled something yummy!! It is DELICIOUS!! We LOVED IT!!
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!! It is a new favorite now for us too!!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts