observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentine Baby

Lydia's valentine to me made into a pincushion (age 6)

When your young you feel like nothing can go wrong.  I married Dino when I was 24 after 6 years of dating.  I imagined us having a house full of kids...I remember telling him I wanted at least 4!

We started trying to have a baby about a year after we were married.  Nothing happened. Then I changed jobs and got better health insurance.  Nothing happened.  It seemed everyone in the world was having babies.  I prayed and cried a lot.  Nothing happened.  We went to see doctors and started taking fertility drugs.  Nothing happened (except they made me sick).  I stopped taking the drugs and gave up.  Nothing happened.  Finally I put all my problems and worries to God.  Something happened.  I found peace.

Then on February 14, 2000 the doctor told me I was having a baby.  I was shocked and so surprised!

After 6 years of waiting for her, I learned that sometimes He does answer your prayers, just not always on your schedule. 

 

As for the big family, we are just perfect the three of us    ...I think He knew I couldn't handle all the math homework!  Amen.

13 comments:

Beckyjean said...

Happy Valentines Day!! Hopes and dreams do come true!!

Have a beautiful day~Becky

Patti said...

I love your story of your blessing.... I didn't know this part of your life.... you seem t be so content and soo hapy with your small family.... just as it was to be!! I am so glad that I got to know you Jenn,,,, just love you. You aresuch a sweet soul..... <3

Angie said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

bayrayschild said...

I love a story with a happy ending!

Wishing you a very Happy Valentines Day!
Audrey

Angela said...

Love it! Sounds like you and I had a lot in common when it came to having babies. God blessed us with one wonderful daughter and only one granddaughter. But we are so blessed. Wouldn't have it any other way. Happy Valentine's Day to the 3 of you.
Angela

Primitive Stars said...

Beautiful love story on Love Day.......sweet prim heart.....Blessings Francine.

Beehive Needleworks said...

Dear Jenn ~
What a touching story...you have been so very blessed with your darling Lydia. Thank you for being so gracious as to share your "dear heart" with us all...three is a perfect number indeed!
Happy Valentine's Day to you and your loves...
Warm hugs,
Judy ♥

~Sara said...

Wonderful story.
Happy Valentines Day!
Blessings ~Sara

ctlogcabin said...

Happy Heart Day Jenn ~~
Makes your Beautiful Girl
even more Special.
Thank the Lord for all
our Blessings.
Beautiful Story ... Thanks for
sharing.
Love & Big Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Jenn,

What a beautiful story, of your sweet baby Lydia and can see how special the day must mean to you.
Hope you had a happy Valentines day and wishing you a lovely weekend

hugs
Carolyn

Doreen Frost said...

OH Jenn..such a sweet story! Made me cry!!

Love and hugs, Doreen

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

GOD bless your sweet little family of 3...Just perfect and it's always in HIS time not ours...So sweet!

Unknown said...

Beautiful family of three, beautiful Valentine story!Happy Valentines Day Jenn❤️

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts