observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Monday, March 17, 2008

Lucky Days

Happy St. Patricks Day! I am a quarter Irish, which means I'm with the "In-crowd" today....this doesn't happen very often. I plan on watching "The Quiet Man" tonight with a big bowl of popcorn and a glass of red wine. One of my all time favorite movies, it stars John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara (I just love her). John Wayne's character returns to Ireland and falls in love with Maureen O'Hara's character. Most of it was filmed in Ireland and is a wonderful funny love story.

I woke up early this past Saturday to hit a few estate sales with my mom. We had a good morning...I'm glad she's home from vacation. I found these three wooden dolls for my website. Oh I love their old dresses. Each wearing lace-trimmed slips and bloomers. My favorite is the one in red calico...she's the oldest. Her hand-painted face has such personality.

I also found a few primitive pieces of pewter. I had to keep one for myself for all the hard work~hee hee! I forgot to put that one in the picture, it's a small simple compote to tuck a tiny birds nest in ~makes me happy.

Today is lovely and pleasant here in Pennsylvania. Its going to be about 50 degrees. I'm hoping to go outside and work in the garden...rake up some leaves and cut last years perennials. Dino if your reading this, don't get your hopes up! Dino is my husband and he loves everything neat and tidy. I am just the opposite, I love to keep everything wild and almost out of control. I call it "cottagey", it just sounds better don't you think? Life is good! Have a happy day.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts