observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Friday, March 7, 2008

~Welcome to my new blog~

I have put this blog thing off for a long time but have finally decided to just do it! I can't promise I will write every day but will try at least once a week or when something inspires me.


We had a few warm days this week finally. As I was leaving the house to take Lydia to the bus stop I noticed my witch hazel was blooming. It's not the prettiest shrub but the little blooms smell heavenly. Also seeing them is a sure sign that Spring is on it's way.


I have a small garden by my front porch that have all the early bloomers in it...you don't want to miss those. They are real troopers blooming in the snow and cold. I added a few pictures of the snowdrops also and if I ever clear the leaves I'll post the hellebores........Poor things, I'm sure they have buds all over them!







2 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Oh you're so LUCKY!!
the witch hazel blooms
and snowdrops!!
I haven't seen any blooms here yet
but they WILL come..
smiles, Deena

ctlogcabin said...

Hi Jenn ~~
Love your new blog, its fun to
read whats happening in your
neck of the woods. I also love
seeing your great photos.
I'll be checking back often ~~
Easter Blessing to You &
Your Family ~~
Hugs ~ Connie xox

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts