observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blueberry Muffin Mornings

I've been up since the crack of dawn. I love these types of mornings. The sun is shining in the bluest colbolt sky. Flowers are blooming profusely, happily watered and soaking up that wonderful sunshine. Its a perfect morning, cool with not a stitch of humidity. It fills me with energy I wish I could bottle up for those cold winter days (yikes ~ don't even want to think about them). I want to nest and not work. I want to weed outside in the garden. I want to paint the cute desk I bought so cheap at an estate sale months ago. I want to finally finish and move into my little sewing cottage studio. BUT I should be working. I will be working. Later I will be working....for certain.

This is a baking morning for sure. I made these muffins earlier from a recipe from Country Living magazine this past month. Lydia has eaten six already so they definitely past the kids test. Here's the recipe....I make them in mini's so we can eat more. Mangia Mangia!!

Fresh Blueberry Corn Muffins

1 Cup Yellow Corn Meal
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 Large Egg
1 Cup Buttermilk (didn't have this, add 1 tsp vinegar to measuring cup and fill rest with milk, let sit few minutes)
6 TBSP Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
1 Cup Fresh Corn Kernels ~ about 2 ears (I used frozen sweet corn kernels)
1 TBSP Turbinado Sugar (who has this? I used regular sugar)

Preheat oven 400 degrees. Combined dry ingredients (except turbinado sugar). In separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients and stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries and corn. Add to muffin tins that are lined or sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake about 25 minutes if making large muffins; or 11 minutes if making mini's.

Per large muffin: protein 3.5 grams; fat 6.0 grams; carbs 29.9 grams; fiber 2.6 grams; sodium 331 mg; cholesterol 33 mg; calories 192

1 comment:

Doreen Frost said...

Oh..i'm making these soon!

J~your description of the morning is perfect!!

Hugs, D

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts