observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Passing Time

As I've been busy as a bee sewing in my new studio in our back yard, to pass the time, as I have yet to have a tv put in, I've been watching old and classic movies on my computer. My techie hubby bought some kind of sound system with a woofer(??) to plug into my computer and the sound is fantastic. He's always hooking me up with all that cool stuff.

I have to tell you that I just finished watching Cranford. If you haven't seen it it's an absolutely lovely movie. The series is set in an English village in the 1840s, just before the Industrial Revolution, and is based on a novel by Elizabeth Gaskell. The setting, the clothes, the homes and furniture, everything about it is just wonderful. The plots are full of unpredictable turns...some parts funny and sweet while others are truly sad, it is a must see especially if you like classics.

Watch part one here and get hooked. You can see the whole series on youtube.com or rent the DVD.

6 comments:

Doreen Frost said...

Jen....we are so much alike..I do the same exact thing..I must tell you that.... over the last two days.....I've watched Little Women...6 times..yes..I said six..LOL....I LOVE it...I also love "Becoming Jane"..and Miss Potter...and the Beatrix Potter movies..I watch all of them over and over.

Thanks for showing this..I'm hooked and now know what I shall be watching today...over and over...lol.

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs, Doreen

ctlogcabin said...

Good Morning Jenn ~~ Thanks for the recommendation...sounds wonderful, I cant peek right now...cause I promised myself I would clean windows today, but as soon as I get a chance I will check it out. I'm so happy to hear you are working in your studio, I hope you are cozy out there....please post some pictures.
Hugs ~ Connie xox

A Bit of Colour said...

Oh we love the same movies. I have seen Cranford before. I hope that Masterpiece Theatre puts out some more romatic movies.

cwa said...

Hello. Thanks for telling us about this series. It sounds wonderful, like it would be perfect for a cold winter's day. I will definitely be on the lookout for it now. Blessings.

Thistlebrooms said...

Hi Jenn...
Yep, saw that one, I believe it was in the Spring...
If you go on PBS web site and find where the section is for Masterpiece Theater, they'll send you emails when ALL the series will be on...It surly helps me out because I tend to forget a 'LOT' lately...
I'm with you, I can watch them Over & Over & Over Again!!!
Wonderful to have a husband that makes your viewing so Comfortable...

Always~Marilyn

Mommas Soapbox said...

Sewing......how wonderful! I always plan to do more sewing and I never seem to find the time.....well, make the time.. My daughter wants me to take her to classes so she can learn.

I'll have to check the movies out! Thanks for the tip.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts