observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Friday, March 25, 2011

Inspiration Friday ~ Happy Yellow!

I don't know what it is about this color.  I am not normally attracted to yellow.  I have never decorated with it or worn it.

But lately somethings changed....

I have accumulated a whole folder filled with this color. 






Not only those pale yellows, but I am loving the cheerful look of the sunny yellow in this bathroom by Restyled Home.


 Maybe it's the Swede in me.


My decorating tends to be more towards the cottage look...

but I don't want to forget about my primitive friends and it seems even yellowware is making a comeback.




Even though yellow looks TERRIBLE on me, I really want to buy a few accessories.

For example..this lovely little wristlet clutch from the Pleated Poppy.


How about a pretty scarf or ruffled flower to go with it??



And every time I'm in Target, I try these shoes on.  And they have the nerve to keep lowering their price.

What the heck is going on?

The yellow marketing people are working hard this season.

Or maybe it's just all these pretties blooming right now.



Either way, I see something yellow is certainly in my future.

Happy spring!





 Photo credits:  Pleated Poppy, Restyled Home, Target, Country Living, Veranda & Rabbit Hill Primitives

4 comments:

Beehive Needleworks said...

Oh dear heart...I did need this Spring inspiration...thank you most kindly Jenn! The next time you are in Target, perhaps you should give the yellow shoes a new home...with such lovelies on your feet, you shall twirly-whirly for months to come surely!

Wishing you a happy weekend!

ctlogcabin said...

Jenn ... Love every Yellow Picture you posted !!
It is truly the color of Spring !! I have one very pale yellow shirt may be on the look out for more to add to my closet.
Happy Friday ~~ Happy Spring !! xox

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jenn,

Yellow is such a wonderful cheery colour and love all the images you have shared.
The daffodils are so pretty.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Yellow just makes you feel warm and happy. No doubt about it.
xx, shell

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts