observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting ~ Yum!


I've been sewing my brains out trying to get ready for Simple Goods.  I don't know how much I'll have but it will have to be enough.
soon to be Christmas mice
Today is my girls birthday.  Every year she requests to go to our favorite Chinese restaurant.  Happy Birthday Lydia!  .......Happy day mom - no cooking!


Now baking is a different story.  I need to bake.  It keeps makes me and my sweet tooth happy to bake.

The following recipe is adapted from Betty Crocker I think?  I added the cinnamon cream cheese frosting.  It needed frosting.

The recipe is simple.  It took me about 35 minutes for the first batch to be finished with frosting.  I love that.

Hugs and kisses!!
Jenn

Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
1 box Spice Cake mix
1 15 oz can Pure Pumpkin 
1 Egg, beaten
1/2 stick of Butter, softened 
1/2 c Walnuts, chopped (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

Grease and flour cookie sheet or use parchment paper. 

Add the cake mix, pumpkin puree, egg and soft butter into a bowl and mix it all just until combined. (I used my hand mixer but a spoon would work just as well.

Drop spoonfuls of dough about two inches apart on the cookie sheet

Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.


Cinnamon Frosting

3/4 stick Butter, softened
1/2 cup Cream Cheese, softened 
2 cups Confectioners Sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

1 tbsp sour cream (...add a little milk if you don't have it about the same amount)
almost 1 tsp cinnamon (i started with a 1/2 and add to taste)
dash of Salt
 
First cream butter and cream cheese.  Then mix in rest with a hand mixer.  Let cookies cool before frosting....I never can wait!
Makes about 2 1/2 - 3 dozen

8 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

Happy Happy Birthday Lydia ... Wishing you your Best Year Yet !!! Yummy Cookies Jenn ... Thanks for sharing !! Hugs ~ Connie xox

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jenn,

Your pumpkin cookies look delicious and is making me feel hungry.
I remember years ago my Mother used to buy Betty Crocker cake mixes and was such an easy way to make a cake.
Happy Birthday to Lydia and enjoy your Chinese meal out. Love all the sweet mice and you have been busy.

Happy Thursday
Hugs
Carolyn

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Happy birthday to Lydia! Those cookies look fabulous!
xx, shell

Janet - underthewillow said...

oh my word do those cookies ever look delicious!...happy birthday to your sweet girl!!

Janet

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday Lydia! I love you! See you Saturday!

Angi at drakestone primitives country cabin said...

Happy Birthday Lydia and I hope you all enjoy your celebration meal..Those pumpkin cookies look fab and my mouth is watering..I am going to have to dash off now and get a sweet treat for myself LOL..hugs ♥

Karen ~ Life In A Primitive English Cottage said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your dear sweet daughter!

Jenn those cakes have me drooling over the keyboard, fancy nipping over and baking me a few, I am useless at cake making!

Beehive Needleworks said...

Yum, yum, YUMMMM! I love anything pumpkin! Thank you for sharing the recipe Jenn.
Enjoy creating your special goodies!

Happy (belated) birthday Lydia!

Hugs,
Judy ox

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts