observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas in the Country at 1824 Walker Farmhouse

Oh I'm so late in posting these.  After the show I had EVERYTHING to do for Christmas at home.  I have a Christmas bucket list, as my nephew Antonio calls it.  Cookie baking day, shopping, making gingerbread houses, decorating, The Nutcracker....you get the picture.

I've been posting photo's on facebook via instagram of these things and many more. I have to say Instagram has really kept me connected this year because I can take a quick picture and link it to facebook.  (See my "more" tab above for all those external links.)


We had a great time at 1824's Christmas in the Country open house.  Even with a major snow/ice storm the first night, that didn't stop more than 50 cars from coming to our little open house.

The top picture is of the 1824 Walker Farmhouse. It was moved to it's existing location back in 2007.  It was then restored and opened to the public in October 2012.

Janice from The Garden Shed was set up in the basement of the Walker House for Christmas selling her beautiful naturals and having classes on wreath making.  So much fun!
I bought this pretty wreath from Janice!


Around back is where you enter the 1824 Walker Farmhouse.

Inside Audrey had many wonderful early, primitive, and nostalgic antiques.



She started a new venture this year with her own candle line.  They are delightful!!


Audrey and me taking a break :)


I also had my handmades in the 1824 Walker House.




When you leave here you head on over to the barn where you will find an antique co-op shop.

Denise and Melinda from Sister's Three and Me, and Darlene from Red Rabbit Antiques share this spot.  So talented are these ladies!

I shouldn't forget the infamous Henry James who sometimes greets the customers.

I loved this Christmas decorated table with church pews from Sister's Three and Me


 more from Sister's Three and Me


Lovely ladies, Denise and Audrey.


 And a few pretty things from Red Rabbit Antiques....






David, Audrey's husband also talented blacksmith had many wonderful pieces available.

As always it was a joy!!  Many thank you's to all of our sweet customers, who feel more like friends and family to us.  We love you all from the bottom of our hearts.
As another year comes to a close, all of us at the 1824 Walker Farmhouse wish you and your families a very merry Christmas, and a happy and healthy 2014.



5 comments:

Beehive Needleworks said...

Oh my goodness...what a wonderful show, with oodles of Christmas lovelies and antiques galore! Thank you for sharing the photos Jenn!
Wishing you and your family a Christmas season most blessed!
Sending love and hugs ...
Judy xx

Angie said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

jennifer768 said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics! Merry Christmas to you and yours!Hugs,Jen

ctlogcabin said...

Jenn .... Beautiful Photos !!
This so puts me in the Mood !!
Merry Christmas & Healthy
Happy New Year to you, Dino & Lydia
Love & Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jenn,

Looks like a wonderful place to go and shop - wish I lived nearby.
Merry Christmas and wishing you a bright, healthy and happy New Year
hugs
Carolyn

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts