observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

June so far....and finally the Granola Bar Recipe

We all have such busy lives, its amazing how fast time flies by and you don't even realize it.  Next thing you know, it is June and you have another birthday.  

What's that?? 

Dino, being busier than any of us (me and Lydi), threw a little last minute party.  I just love that guy.
I am blessed with so many good people in my life.
birthday surprises
 So, I always have this crazy dream that once the school year ends, we will have long lazy summer days. 
Ha! Those long days go fast. There are many grand plans to “get things done”.  Gardens to maintain, closets to organize, repainting the front porch, etc...
Lots of little projects around the house to finish and check off the "list".  If you're like me, there is a steady balance of checking off and adding on to that list. 

my big june "kitchen makeover on a budget until I can have my dream kitchen" project.  its almost finished, here's a peek
June also brings us many reasons to celebrate
…graduations, birthdays, and lets not forget Father's Day. 
All those days that make life truly special.
Wishing you are all well.  I hope you have been enjoying your summer.  
xo Jenn
~~~~~*~~~~~

Here's a little recipe I've been working on since April and have been trying to post since May.  We are all addicted around here.  


Rabbit Hill Granola Bars

1 Cup Oats
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes (sweetened or unsweetened - your preference)
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1 TBSP Honey
1/4 Cup Flax (optional)
1/4 dried fruit or almonds (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.

In a small saucepan melt the butter and honey.

Add butter mixture into dry ingredients.

Press into 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper (or sprayed).

Bake 15-18 minutes until golden.

Cut immediately and let cool in pan. Then cool further on baking rack.

I wrap them with wax paper and tie off with twine.

*I've also made these gluten free using Trader Joes gf flour and their gf rolled oats. They cook a little faster so check them around 14 minutes.

Yum!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts