observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy.... Plus Lydia's Favorite Pumpkin Muffins

Lots of work to be done. I have been working on the October update for Rabbit Hill Website which will be October 14th, 7:00 p.m. est. Please stop by if you have a chance. This is the last update for fall. Next month I'll be adding Christmas. Time to get the carols out! My family thinks I'm crazy but Christmas music gets me in the mood. It also helps accepting the cold weather coming!

I'll be adding a few new items for The Primitive Gathering on October 15th also. Check back here for more pictures.

Even though I have been busy this weather makes me want to nest. I've been baking almost every night! I've made muffins, cakes, cinnamon rolls....tonight I think I may make a pie! It's like therapy, it clears my head and helps me think. Most of this I freeze....frozen pumpkin muffins are the best! I always make these for Lydia's birthday, they are her favorite. Below is the recipe.

Did you ever notice how colors bloom in the garden. Sometimes it's predominately yellow, sometimes orange. Even though it's fall I have been seeing lots of blue in my garden this year.


I've been trying to get out there to clean things up a bit. Dig up and pot the herbs. Plus I need to harvest the carrots and last of the tomatoes and peppers but as you can see, I still have a lot to do and the morning glories have taken over the veggie garden. I think it looks pretty.


Pumpkin Muffins (aka Lydia's Birthday Muffins)

4 Eggs
2 Cups White Sugar
1 & 1/2 Cups Oil ~ I use Canola
1 & 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree or 1 small can Pure Pumpkin
3 Cups Flour
1 TBSP Cinnamon
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp salt

Beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, oil, pumpkin and beat thoroughly. Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth. I add a cup coarsely chopped walnuts to mine also. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Makes 90 mini muffins. I always make the little ones but if you want the larger muffins bake for 15 - 20 minutes. This makes about 35 muffins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found you through The Spice Cupboard... love her to death.

You are very talented... love your wares. will visit again...

Blessings 2 you on this AuTuMn DaY, Pamela

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts