observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chickadee-dee-dee-dee

"Piped a tiny voice hard by, gay and polite, a cheerful cry, Chic-chic-a-dee-dee!
~Emerson


Out of my sewing room windows there is a large pine tree with millions of little cones all over it. I've noticed as the days get shorter and frostier the little black capped chickadees visit me more often. They keep me company as I go about my business....unfortunately sometimes I forget my business and watch them flying back and forth and swinging upside down on the evergreen branches to pick at the dangling cones...such sweet little birds. I know I can depend on there happy visits all winter long.


The Chickadee
"Piped a tiny voice hard by,Gay and polite, a cheerful cry, "Chic-Chic-a-dee-dee!"saucy note Out of sound heart and merry throat, As if it said, "Good-day, good Sir! Fine afternoon, old passenger! Happy to meet you in these places Where January brings few faces."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

Just stopping by to say hello !!!
Hope you are keeping Warm, Dry, and Cozy ~~
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Thistlebrooms said...

Not to worry about looking outside your Lovely window...I notice I do it much to often lately but feel much better when I do!!!Enjoy it...
My Best...Marilyn

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts