observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Best Easter Ham ~ Trust Me

I usually don't boast about things but I absolutely love this ham glaze. It has the perfect yummy balance of sweet matched up with the saltiness of the ham. Plus ham is really really easy to make. Just make sure when your done to save the ham juice to drizzle...or dump over your ham slices.

I had a really good picture of this on my computer but since it has a boo boo and this loaner keeps giving me power surges on my back-up drive I don't have it. Just trust me its good.

Baked Ham
...aka the best damn ham!

1 Whole Semi-Boneless Ham
1 Can Orange Juice Concentrated
1 Can Whole Berry Cranberries
1 1/2 Cups Dark Brown Sugar
3 TBSP Dijon Mustard

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combined all of the ingredients except for the ham of course. Score fat side of ham in 1" diamonds. Arrange fat side up in shallow pan. Pour sauce over ham. Cover with extra wide heavy foil, tenting it up in the center so it doesn't touch ham. Crimp foil tightly around edges of pan. Bake until done depending on size of your ham...internal temp 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Bast with pan juices every 30 minutes. When done let ham stand at least 20 minutes or more before carving.

.....and don't forget about the ham juice! Pour some over your carved slices. Set aside extra if you want (need) more.

2 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I am having that yummy ham! I love all of the side dishes too. :)

Thank you so much for your support today.

Thistlebrooms said...

OK...Another one I guess I'll just have to try...You have to STOP putting these mouth watering recipes on your BLOG!!!

Happy Easter Jenn...Enjoy your wonderful time with your family this Easter...
Always...Marilyn

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts