observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring Cleaning???

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
~Native American Proverb
Spring Cleaning today....actually I have a bug to paint! It happens every year at this time. But I count it as "cleaning" also because when you paint something you have to clean the whole room to make it special....an incentive. Hope Dino isn't reading this, he hates when I start painting everything ....just "cleaning" Dino "cleaning".

I made this ravioli dish last night for Dinner ~ yummy yummy goodness. And of course easy because I like easy. Can't remember where I got the recipe but I've had it for years. I'm in love with it, I hope you will be too!
Remember Earth Day today and go green. Feel a hug ~~ Jenn




Baked Ravioli
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion, chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 - 1 stick butter
1 Can (28 oz) Whole Tomatoes (I love Dei Fratelli's tomato products ~ never sour)
1 Can (28 oz) Crushed Tomatoes
2 Pounds Frozen Cheese Ravioli
1 1/2 Cups Fresh or Shredded Mozzarella
1/2 Cup Parmesan ~ grated

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and season with salt and pepper; cook stirring occasionally, until soft ~ about 5 minutes.

Add tomatoes and spices (I'm always tasting my sauce so make it like you like it). Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, breaking up tomatoes, until sauce is thickened. I add the butter in at the end...sometimes I up it to a whole stick, what ever you prefer. You want the sauce to be reduced to about 5 1/2 cups.

Meanwhile, cook ravioli in large pot of boiling salted water just until they float. Pasta will continue to cook in oven. Drain and return to pot.

Mix sauce in with ravioli. Pour in a large baking dish and sprinkle with cheeses. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven about 20 - 25 minute until golden. Cool slightly before serving.

2 comments:

A Bit of Colour said...

I am going to have to try this. Don't work to hard; enjoy the day.

Doreen Frost said...

Jenn..what a wonderful recipe..and what a fantastic picture!

Joyous belated earth day to you!

Hugs,
Doreen

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts