observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Turtles....a secret recipe

Not these turtles.

Definitely not these turtles!
A few weeks ago I was in my favorite fabric shop in Berlin, Ohio, the Country Craft Cupboard.  As I'm getting all my pretty pieces of homespun and calico's cut I noticed a lovely dessert beside the cutting table.  Everything I crave was sitting right there....chocolate, caramel, nuts.  After asking around I found the kind lady who made it and begged for her recipe.  She gave it to me freely plus a nice big sample to taste!  What more could you ask for....fabric and sweets!!

I called it a secret because they are so simple to make.  Don't want to get the word out that I didn't slave over something this tasty to eat!   xo Jenn

Turtle Dessert
Turtles
1-12oz. pkg. Nilla wafers
1 stick butter melted
1- 12oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 c. chopped pecans
1-12oz. jar caramel topping ~ microwave 15 seconds

Place vanilla wafers in a ziploc bag; crush with rolling pin to fine crumbs. Stir together vanilla wafer crumbs and butter; press into bottom of a greased or sprayed 19 x 9 in. baking dish.

Sprinkle with morsels and pecans. Drizzle with caramel topping.

Bake at 350 for 12 - 15 min. Cool in pan on a wire rack. chill for 30 minutes. Cut in squares and serve.

5 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

Sounds Yummy Jenn .... how are they suppose to look cut up ?? Like brownie size or pieces of bark candy ?? Want to do it right, lol Thanks !
Love & Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Janet - underthewillow said...

yum!...those are right up my alley!!

Janet

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Yummo! I am trying these! Thanks!
★Linda★

Beehive Needleworks said...

Yummmmmmmmy! Thank you so very much for sharing the secret recipe!
Hugs...J

Linda said...

So easy..............and they look so good! thanks for the recipe.
I knew there was another reason why I love that shop in Berlin so much!
Linda

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts