observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

You are the "Apple" of my eye


“You wouldn't believe On All Hallow Eve
What lots of fun we can make, 
With apples to bob, 
And nuts on the hob,
And a ring-and-thimble cake.”
 ~Carolyn Wells

Can't you just smell them? Apple season is here!!  My mom brought over a giant piece of apple pie yesterday that I HAD to share with my family.  Don't tell them but I'm hiding a half a piece waaaay in the back on the bottom shelf in the fridge.  It's my treat for later.  Just thinking about it makes me happy.


I've been digging through my recipes and here's a bunch of my favorites to get you going.  They are either linked back to my blog or to what I've found to match the recipes in my book.

Now if I could just find a little time to get to the apple orchard before it's too late!
  







~photo's courtesy to Country Living Magazine

3 comments:

Beehive Needleworks said...

Good afternoon Jenn ~

I do enjoy apple season! My memories turn back to childhood and the grand apple tree out back. There was nothing like an apple just plucked from the tree...yummy! Thank you for all of the delicious recipes.

Enjoy your half-a-slice...perhaps with a bit of cinnamon ice cream?

Hugs...J

ctlogcabin said...

ApPles & PumPkins Oh MY ..... cant say enough how much I Love this Season. I will check out your recipes they all sound Yummy. Happy Halloween to you All.
Hope Lydia gets lots of Goodies.
Love & Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jenn,

I would be hiding a piece of the apple pie in the back of the fridge ~ looks yummy.
thanks for sharing the apple recipes.

Wishing you and yours a happy Halloween.
Hugs
Carolyn

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts