observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Friday, May 8, 2009

We've Got Sunshine But I'm Praying For Rain....


Some of you may know that when Dino and I were just out of high school we moved to Santa Barbara, CA. We lived there for a little over 2 years and then moved home to be with our immediate family.

While there Dino's Uncle Tom and Aunt "Zia Skinny" gave us everything. They opened their hearts and they opened their homes for us. Sometimes we didn't have money for food and they always warmly welcomed us to their table....more times than I can count.


They are simply the best. It's our home away from home now. Dino and I both dream of owning a little beachy cottage there someday.


Please pray for them and all the other homeowners, the firefighters and for all the people who live in and around Santa Barbara.


The last we heard they had evacuated their home and the fire was less than a mile away. These photos were taken by their son Matt from their rooftop yesterday.



1 comment:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Jenn....I sure do hope it rains for those poor people in Santa Barbara....those wild fires are just awful....I was born and raised in Southern California and lived there all my life until 2001 when we moved here to Virginia, so I know all too well about CA wild fires....I hope they are able to contain it very soon! Janet

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts