observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Frogs in the Garden

really he's a toad but i thought frog sounded better in the title.


Going through my baskets to replant , I found this little guy under an old pot of dirt still stuck in there from last year...highly organized gardener that I am. 

I don't know how long or how he even got in there but he gave me such a start, I screamed - loud!!! 

He looks angry 

 "get outta my house!"


He now lives in here.  A highly secretive place so the kids won't find him and want to keep him as a hostage in their bedrooms.

He's been in and out of there for the last 3 days so maybe after 6 years of vacancy the frog house will have it's first boarder. 

Sunny hugs,
Jenn :)

8 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, Jenn
He is so big~ what a cutie~ love his new home~ I am sure he will be happier in there instead of the bedrooms!!LOL
smiles
Teresa

The Moonlit Stitch said...

You should work for National Geographic, Jenn! Great close-up of Mr. Frog-Toad! Gotta love 'em! ~*~Lisa

Janet - underthewillow said...

frogs are cute in a creepy sorta way LOL!...whatta cute house he has!

Janet

jennifer768 said...

Your post brought a chuckle and a smile ! Those are awesome pics . Mr.Frog has a great new home.Hugs,Jen

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jenn,

So glad that mr Frog was able to be relocated to a new home. Your photographs are lovely.
Reminds me of the time I was putting scraps in the compost bin and a large Mr Rat jumped out at me and I got such a fright. After that I would bang on the side of the bin when I was opening the lid.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

ctlogcabin said...

LOL ... So Cute Jenn !! Never saw a Toad House before so glad he has taken up residency.
Have a Fun & Safe Memorial Day Week-End !!
Love & Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Beehive Needleworks said...

Hello Jenn...Oh my, what a handsome little chap! Now that Mr. Toad has such fine accommodations, he shall be a permanent tenant in your garden surely.

Wishing you and yours a pleasant holiday weekend!

Hugs,
Judy

Lauren said...

Jenn ~
Great pics! I, too, have a frog hut I found at a sale last year but mine still is vacant.
Happy Memorial Day!
Hugs :)
Lauren

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts