observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Primitive Gathering Offerings ~ Vintage Velvet

Strawberries made from old velvet with vintage felted wool for caps.


Pretty little velvet pincushions has always tugged at my heart.  Whenever I find any little piece of velvet something I snatch it up.  Recently I got lucky and found a nice little stash of old velvet at an antique store in Lancaster County.   I felt like I hit the lottery.  Making these little strawberries pin cushions out of this wonderful velvet has been such a pleasure.   They are being offered on the Primitive Gatherings this month.  If you have a moment, please stop on by and take a look.

Wishing you a happy Tuesday :)
Jenn

5 comments:

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love your post Jenn! Wonderful creations-I don't have any vintage velvets, but a few pieces that are red, black & moss green. ~*~Lisa

Angela said...

Love the pinkeeps. the one in the old prim shoe is precious. Thanks for sharing pictures.

Janet - underthewillow said...

beautiful as always Jenn!...you know I'm a fan!

Janet

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Jenn
Wonderful work~ love them all~
smiles
Teresa

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jenn,

What a wonderful find, to get the lovely vintage velvet. I love your sweet strawberry pincushions and that gorgeous old shoe.
Many thanks for the kind birthday message you sent me.

Happy day
Hugs
Carolyn

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts