observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gratitude and Baked Potato Pizza


I received an email from Andra of Todays Primitive Home this morning letting me know that my little mouse above is being featured on their website today!

Todays Primitive Home has been selecting some of the best primitive and folk art on their lovely site! I plan on going through the site tonight with a cup of tea. The little that I've seen so far looks wonderful! If you have time go check them out, you won't be sorry. Thanks to everyone at Todays Primitive Home....it sure made my day!!

My sister and I have been getting together every Thursday for at least the last 10 years. We call it "Fat Thursday" and it started around the time we were pregnant with our girls. We would eat "healthy" things like potato chips and m-n-m's.

After the girls were born we would drive for hours just so they would sleep...does anybody remember the first few months with a newborn? It was like getting a day off. We would hit the drive thru and be off...too bad there wasn't a Sonic around then....

Now our girls are 8 and 9. They are more like sisters than cousins...someday I'll tell you about the fist fights at age 2. We all love our Thursdays together and still eat pizza and sweets and hang out and watch tv.

A couple of months ago we were watching The Pillsbury Cook-off on the Food Network....what pressure that would be! This recipe caught my eye and I've made it a few times since then and have adapted it a little to my own taste (which is in parenthesis). Its perfect for a quick dinner and has some good veggies in it.


Loaded Baked Potato Pizza

1 Can Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust
1 Medium White Potato
1 Tbsp Olive Oil (I added 2 TBSP more drizzled on top when finished baking)
1/4 Tsp Salt (I added a little more again when finished baking)
1/4 Tsp Pepper
1 box frozen broccoli & cheese sauce (I don't like that kind of cheese and used 1 Cup Cooked Broccoli - chopped )
2/3 Cup Sour Cream
1 Tbsp Ranch Dressing
1 Cup Shredded Colby-Monterey Jack Cheese (I added an extra 1/2 cup since I didn't use the broccoli cheese sauce above)
5 Slices Cooked Bacon, Coarsely Chopped
1 Small Tomato, Chopped (1/2 Cup)
2 Medium Green Onions (2 Tbsp)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large cooking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (I used my pizza stone). Unroll pizza crust dough and press into 13" x 9" rectangle. Bake 10-13 minutes until crust is light golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.

Pierce potato with fork and place in microwave for 4 -5 minutes, turning once. Cover and let stand until cool enough to handle. Peel and cut into 1/4" cubes. In small bowl, mix potato, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper; set aside.

Cook broccoli in microwave and set aside.

In another small bowl, mix sour cream and dressing. Spread mixture over pizza crust to within 1/2" of edge. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese evenly over sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with bacon.

Spread broccoli and potato mixture evenly over bacon. Sprinkle with tomato, green onions and remaining cheese.

Bake 15 - 20 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil evenly over pizza...I added a little exta salt also. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting...if you can!

5 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Jenn!....thank you for visiting my blog!....it's just wonderful that you and your sister spend a day each week together, I am an only child and always wanted a sister....and yes I do remember having newborns but let me tell you that after going through teenagers, newborn was the EASY part!!....have a great night and a delightful Thursday with your sister! Janet :)

ctlogcabin said...

Oh My Goodness Jenn, this Pizza is right up my alley...thanks for sharing...might just make it
Friday night. Love your Fat Thursday Nights with your Sister....Very Sweet. Congrats on being a featured Artist, your Creations are Wonderful !!
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Decor To Adore said...

I love that pincushion. The pizza looks so yummy!
The Quiet Man is one of my favorites too!

Unknown said...

THat Pizza looks amazing. I will have to show my husband - he is the chef in the house!!

Tammy Burks said...

This sounds good too! My hubby doesn't like broccoli, so I might try this out when the girls come over to rug hook!

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts