observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's Cookin Wednesday...Grilled Veggie Sandwich

This is my favorite sandwich of all times....how could you not love a sandwich with all that fresh mozzarella falling out. It's funny because I don't like most cheeses but give me a lovely little ball of fresh mozzarella and I'm in heaven. This crazy warm weather we've been having made me want to grill. "Do it while you can" my brain tells me.....it's only February and the snow will be back.

Margie this one is for you!!

Enjoy.

Grilled Veggie Sandwich

2 Zucchini ~ cut into 1/4" slices
1 Medium Red Onion ~ cut into 1/2" slices
1 Large Red Pepper Quartered
2 TBSP Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1 Clove Garlic
1 Cup Fresh Basil
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Loaf Ciabatta Bread ~ Split Horizontally
8oz Fresh Mozzarella
2 Cups Baby Greens or Arugula

Brush veggies with oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Grill over medium heat 3-8 minutes until slightly charred. I usually take the zucchini and red onion off grill and really char the red pepper. When pepper is done, remove charred skin and cut into strips.

In food processor, mince garlic. Add basil and mayo and process until blended. Add Parmesan cheese and pulse. (Yum ~ this makes the sandwich so special!)

Take your loaf of bread and spread with basil/mayo mixture ~ both sides. Layer each veggie on bottom half. Top with fresh mozzarella and arugula (or greens). Add top of loaf and press. Cut into 6 sandwiches.

4 comments:

Doreen Frost said...

Mark and I were just talking about summer grilling tonight..he was grilling some chicken to have with baked potatoes and we were chatting about potato salad!!!!..oh how good summer meals are in the middle of the winter!

These grilled veggie sandwiches look wonderful!

:)Doreen

SweetAnnee said...

It looks delish!!
I feel like eating
woohoo

Deena

Thistlebrooms said...

I 'NEED' some of that!!!
Any Left???
Marilyn

ctlogcabin said...

Hi Jenn ~~ I lost all of last week, just now catching up. Veggie Sandwich is my all time favorite. Thanks for sharing your version...will give it a try.
Hugs ~ Connie xox

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts