observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I've got sunshine.......on a cloudy day

This song has been stuck in my head since I received my new Victoria Magazine yesterday and it's all about Gardens. That Victoria link will take you to Donna O'Brien's Garden on their website....I sure would like to visit there.

Another of my favorite cottage gardens is Maxine Paetro's Broccoli Hall. "Broccoli Hall is a private garden in Amenia, New York, that is open to the public twice a year. Inspired by English gardens, Broccoli Hall is a series of connected garden rooms, each differing in mood and content. Visitors say that the features they like best are the boxwood-lined cottage garden with an apple tunnel, the brick courtyard, the secret woodland garden blooming with crabapples and white-and-pink daffodils in May, the abundant 300 foot long June border with roses, peonies and tall bearded irises, the koi pond and the pink, five-sided treehouse with long views of distant hills" (I copied that from her website) ooohhhh it is just lovely. My favorite is the Teddy Bears Picnic garden, I just love woodland gardens and am hoping I can create something similar this year. I wish I lived closer. I would be there in a heartbeat.
If I had to choose only one garden to visit it would have to be Tasha Tudor's Garden. I have a little video of her garden here that I found on you tube last October. Her cottage garden is true bliss. Her gardens are full of antique flowers...poppies, hugh foxgloves, peonies, lilies, roses and much more....a true cottage garden. "Paradise on earth" is how Tasha described her garden.

The few photos here are my garden from past years. "When it's cold outside I've got the month of May" Just dreaming , thinking and planning today....mostly dreaming.

3 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.
Pam

Doreen Frost said...

Beautiful photo's Jenn..you have me dreaming for spring!

I have a Tasha Tudor book and it's soo lovely...she had the most beautiful home and gardens.

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Doreen

ctlogcabin said...

Oh Jenn ~~ Im with you...totally dreaming of Spring. A little harder to picture today, since we got about a foot of fresh snow. lol
But I do know Spring is right around the corner it just took a small detour. Your garden pictures are lovley.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs ~ Connie xox

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts