observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog's Day from Rabbit Hill Primitives

"The bright sky above me shows my shadow before me, and six more weeks of winter it will be.”

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning which means six more long weeks of winter. The legend of Groundhog Day is based on an old Scottish couplet: "If Candlemas Day is bright and clear, there'll be two winters in the year."

I guess we will have to dream about our gardens for just a few more weeks...

1 comment:

ctlogcabin said...

Oh Philly you went and saw your shadow...Dang !! Six more weeks....of cold !! :-(
Congratulations on the Steeler's win,
I'm sure you had a great time at
your get-together. Love when
some record is broken in Super Bowl
and they sure did that, plus it was such an exciting game.
Love your football joke down below. lol
Hugs ~ Connie xox

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts